AFFORDABLE HOUSING & REAL ESTATE: CPAs OF CHOICE BY CFOs, EXECUTIVE DIRECTORs & BOARDs OF LEADING ORGANIZATIONS
As a leading audit, tax and business advisory partner for the affordable housing industry, LvHJ has grown with the needs of the industry predominately throughout California – leading to opportunities to share our expertise nationally. LvHJ has served hundreds of clients in this niche for over 30 years and understand the complexities of audit and tax compliance and external reporting requirements.
Our clients, including nationally recognized developers, investors and other not-for-profit organizations, choose LvHJ for not only our technical expertise of our dedicated teams, but also the confidence and quality of work that derive from our decades of experience in this unique industry.
- We have served Low-Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC) affordable housing owners since the inception of the program in 1986, resulting in over 4,000 audit and tax engagements to date.
- We provide audit and tax services to 400+ LIHTC partnerships, 50+ HUD financed properties in California, and over a dozen affordable housing developers annually.
- As this industry changes and new opportunities emerge, such as year-15 buyouts, acquisitions and portfolio recapitalization, LvHJ helps you employ specific strategies and decisions that will meet investor expectations and also serve community interests.
Our clients include:
- For-profit and not-for-profit developers
- Real estate general partners (Tax-exempt corporations and LLC’s)
- Limited partnerships (LIHTC and others)
- HUD properties
- Other property ownership
- Upper-tier investors and syndicators
- Property management companies
- Resident service providers
- Social service providers
- Investors and lenders (including CDFIs)
- Financial consultants
Beyond providing our core audit and tax services, LvHJ is known for its technical expertise and specialized services required to comply with complex external reporting and filing requirements. We invite you to read more about our services specifically offered to clients in this niche.
Affordable housing memberships & affiliations
In this highly regulated industry, LvHJ provides the technical sophistication and up-to-date insights gained through active membership and involvement with leading regional and national industry associations, including the following. Our partners and senior team members are frequent speakers and trainers to accounting and finance executives and other industry practitioners at regional and national conferences, workshops and Webinars, and authors of the firm’s thought leadership and those published in collaboration with a national initiative.