Accounting Internship: Audit Intern
The Audit & Attestation Division is looking for dedicated interns who desire an opportunity to gain hands-on training in accounting practices and auditing. This position provides a lot of opportunity to even those without a lot of experience.
Lindquist, von Husen & Joyce LLP is a premier public accounting firm headquartered in the San Francisco Bay Area. Talent is our biggest asset and we believe in creating a place where you get the tools you need for success. When you succeed, we all do!
Internships can start as soon as September 1 and last through March 31, 2023. Successful interns may be considered for permanent, full-time positions starting April 1, 2023! Compensation for this position will be $26 – $28 per hour, full-time with some overtime anticipated.
Our LvHJ team has . . .
- frequent feedback on their performance;
- regular opportunities to work directly with, and learn from, experienced managers, principals and
- casual attire which includes jeans any day of the week (when working in office);
- freedom to work remote, with flexible schedules;
- onsite gym (free to staff) and employee lounge and
- a stocked breakroom, happy hours and company events throughout the year.
Audit Interns at our firm…
- roll forward audit binders to create pro-forma for upcoming engagements;
- assist in the completion of tenant file compliance testing;
- assist in the completion of internal control testing procedures;
- assist in audit engagement planning preparation;
- upload the audit schedules into the audit binders;
- import the client trial balances into the audit binders;
- check all account balances in the preliminary analytical schedule to ensure they have been properly linked to the trial balance;
- trace and agree confirmed balances to balances on lead schedules and identify variances;
- upload and organize various documents to online document management system and
- perform other assignments at the firm’s discretion.
Audit Interns should have…
- a bachelor’s degree in accounting or closely related field (individuals within their last semester of school will also be considered);
- prior experience in accounting or auditing (preferred) and
- effective English skills – this is a must both verbally and in writing.
To apply for this position, please email the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org*
- Cover letter
*LvHJ will consider qualified accounting internship applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.
**Due to the COVID-19 virus, caused by SARS-CoV2, LvHJ requires all staff to be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment (i.e. at least two weeks after last dose for COVID-19 and if hired, provide proof of vaccination or self-attestation of vaccination status). We will attempt to provide reasonable accommodations for qualified religious and medical reasons, as designated under Title VII and the ADA. Interns are free to work in office but are encouraged to work remote. There will be some
field work at client sites. PPE will be provided to all staff upon request.