Senior Tax Associate, Tax Services
The Tax Services Division is looking for a dedicated Senior Tax Associate with a minimum of five (5) years of experience. This position provides room for advancement and growth in a fast-paced and challenging environment.
Lindquist, von Husen & Joyce LLP is a premier public accounting firm located in the San Francisco Bay Area. Talent is our biggest asset and we believe in creating a place where you get the tools you need for success. When you succeed, we all do!
Senior Tax Associates at our firm…
- prepare and review federal, state, and local tax documents;
- conduct research on new or complex tax issues and prepare corresponding memorandums to support conclusions;
- communicate with client personnel regarding deadlines, status of engagement completion and requests for information
- needed to complete engagements;
- update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications;
- maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
To make it as part of our team, Senior Tax Associate candidates should have…
- at least five (5) years of tax experience; two (2) years preferred in public accounting;
- prior experience in stock option, trust, non-profit, estate and gift taxation is highly preferred;
- a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related; a current CPA license is preferred but not required; Master’s Degree in Taxation a BIG PLUS;
- self-starter and successful in a team-oriented setting;
- solid understanding of basic accounting and tax practices;
- highly motivated, exceptional organizational skills and excellent attention to detail;
- proficient in Microsoft Office programs, especially Excel;
- excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills; and
- ability to successfully manage multiple engagements and time constraints.
Our LvHJ team has…
- frequent feedback on their performance;
- routine on-site CPE, company-paid offsite CPE and higher education reimbursement;
- flexibility to set their own work schedules and work remotely, to balance their work and their personal lives;
- casual attire which includes jeans any day of the week;
- onsite gym and employee lounge;
- open concept office with sit-to-stand workstations and
- stocked breakroom, happy hours and company events throughout the year.
COMPETITIVE BENEFITS: For Your Needs Today & In the Future
LvHJ offers highly competitive benefits to meet your needs. We advocate for preventative health and work-life balance and ensure our team has appropriate support at the office and outside of work.
For Your Wellbeing
- Flexible work arrangements, including working remotely, so your well-being always comes first
- Paid Time Off program
- Time off for major holidays
- Company-paid, long-term disability
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
For Your Health
- Medical (HMO and PPO), dental and vision insurance (100% covered for employees)
- Flexible Spending Account
For Your Future
- 3% of your annual compensation contributed to a 401(k) whether you participate in our plan or not
- Employer matching and profit-sharing plan
- Annual salary reviews
- Regular performance reviews that focus on your self-evaluation and goal-setting
- Education and CPA license reimbursement
- Regular technical training; CPA license hours
- Referral commission for new business
- Referral commission for experienced professional hire referrals
In addition to the above, LvHJ offers…
- Relocation and Signing bonuses
- Competitive salaries
To apply for this position, please email the following documents to email@example.com*
- Cover Letter
* LvHJ will consider qualified applicants for accounting jobs, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.
** Due to the COVID-19 virus, caused by SARS-CoV2, LvHJ requires all staff to be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment (i.e. at least two weeks after last dose for COVID-19, and if hired, provide proof of vaccination or self-attestation of vaccination status). We will attempt to provide reasonable accommodations for qualified religious and medical reasons, as designated under Title VII and the ADA.