Tax Manager, Tax Services
The Tax Services Division is looking for a Tax Manager with a minimum of seven (7) years of experience. This is an outstanding opportunity for managers who want to showcase their technical and people skills. Tax Managers are also provided with the necessary training and mentoring to make it to Principal or Partner.
Lindquist, von Husen & Joyce LLP is a premier public accounting firm located in the San Francisco Bay Area. Talent is our biggest asset and we believe in creating a place where you get the tools you need for success. When you succeed, we all do!
Tax Managers at our firm are responsible for…
- the overall management, leadership and supervision of staff (entry-level, senior and supervisor-level individuals) on various tax engagements;
- managing the significant responsibility of reviewing complex tax returns prepared by team members while following a structured timeline of due dates and deadlines;
- developing and guiding staff by providing formal and informal performance feedback;
- serving as a mentor to less experienced staff;
- proactively building, managing, and communicating effectively with clients to provide superior client service;
- managing the risk and financial performance of engagements and
- ensuring the quality and managing the workflow of various work products.
What we are looking for in our next Tax Manager…
- a minimum of seven (7) years of tax experience with a public accounting firm performing services for US domestic clients;
- minimum of three (3) years of experience supervising and training staff;
- possession of a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related course of study; a Master’s Degree in Taxation is highly preferred, but not required;
- CPA license is highly preferred but not required;
- special attention will be given to candidates with experience in Low Income Housing Tax Credits (LIHTC);
- exceptional customer service skills and the ability to interact professionally with clients;
- strong research and analytical skills and the ability to prepare corresponding memorandums to support conclusions on complex tax issues;
- excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills;
- effective organizational skills and
- ability to successfully manage multiple engagements and time constraints.
Our LvHJ team has…
- frequent feedback on their performance;
- routine on-site CPE, company-paid offsite CPE, and higher education reimbursement;
- flexibility to set their own work schedules and work remotely, to balance their work and their personal lives;
- casual attire which includes jeans any day of the week;
- onsite gym and employee lounge;
- open concept office with sit-to-stand workstations and
stocked breakroom, happy hours, and company events throughout the year.
COMPETITIVE BENEFITS: For Your Needs Today & In the Future
LvHJ offers highly competitive benefits to meet your needs. We advocate for preventative health and work-life balance and ensure our team has appropriate support at the office and outside of work.
For Your Wellbeing
- Flexible work arrangements, including working remotely, so your well-being always comes first
- Paid Time Off program
- Time off for major holidays
- Company-paid, long-term disability
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
For Your Health
- Medical (HMO and PPO), dental and vision insurance (100% covered for employees)
- Flexible Spending Account
For Your Future
- 3% of your annual compensation contributed to a 401(k) whether you participate in our plan or not
- Employer matching and profit-sharing plan
- Annual salary reviews
- Regular performance reviews that focus on your self-evaluation and goal-setting
- Education and CPA license reimbursement
- Regular technical training; CPA license hours
- Referral commission for new business
- Referral commission for experienced professional hire referrals
In addition to the above, LvHJ offers…
- Relocation and Signing bonuses
- Competitive salaries
To apply for this position, please email the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org*
- Cover Letter
* LvHJ will consider qualified applicants for CPA jobs, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.
** Due to the COVID-19 virus, caused by SARS-CoV2, LvHJ requires all staff to be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment (i.e. at least two weeks after last dose for COVID-19, and if hired, provide proof of vaccination or self-attestation of vaccination status). We will attempt to provide reasonable accommodations for qualified religious and medical reasons, as designated under Title VII and the ADA.