Senior Tax Manager
The Tax Services Division is looking for a Senior Tax Manager or Principal with a minimum of eight (8) years of experience. This is an outstanding opportunity, which places the eligible candidate on a direct path to Partner.
Lindquist, von Husen & Joyce LLP is a premier public accounting firm located in the San Francisco Bay Area. Talent is our biggest asset and we believe in creating a place where you get the tools you need for success. When you succeed, we all do!
Senior Tax Managers/Principals at our firm are responsible for…
- overall management, leadership and supervision of staff (entry-level, senior and supervisor-level
- individuals) on various tax engagements;
- managing the significant responsibility of reviewing complex tax returns prepared by team members while
- following a structured timeline of due dates and deadlines;
- developing and guiding staff by providing formal and informal performance feedback;
- serving as a mentor to less experienced staff;
- proactively building, managing, and communicating effectively with clients to provide superior client service;
- handling client consultations on planning opportunities and changes in tax law;
- managing the risk and financial performance of engagements and
- ensuring the quality and managing the workflow of various work products.
Our next Senior Tax Manager or Principal has. . .
- a minimum of eight (8) years of tax experience with a public accounting firm performing services for US domestic clients;
- minimum of five (5) years of experience supervising and training staff;
- a current CPA license;
- a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting; Master’s Degree in Taxation is highly preferred, but not required;
- Special attention will be given to candidates with experience in Low Income Housing Tax Credits (LIHTC);
- exceptional customer service skills and the ability to interact professionally with clients;
- excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills;
- strong research and analytical skills and the ability to prepare corresponding memorandums to support conclusions on
- complex tax issues;
- effective organizational skills and
- ability to successfully manage multiple engagements and time constraints.
Our LvHJ team has . . .
- frequent feedback on their performance;
- routine on-site CPE, company-paid offsite CPE and higher education reimbursement;
- flexibility to set their own work schedules and work remotely, to balance their work and their personal lives;
- casual attire which includes jeans any day of the week (when in office);
- onsite gym and employee lounge;
- open concept office with sit-to-stand workstations and
- stocked breakroom, happy hours, and company events throughout the year.
COMPETITIVE BENEFITS: For Your Needs Today & In the Future
LvHJ offers highly competitive benefits to meet your needs. We advocate for preventative health and work-life balance and ensure our team has appropriate support at the office and outside of work.
For Your Wellbeing
- Flexible work arrangements, including working remotely, so your well-being always comes first
- Paid Time Off program
- Time off for major holidays
- Company-paid, long-term disability
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
For Your Health
- Medical (HMO and PPO), dental and vision insurance (100% covered for employees)
- Flexible Spending Account
For Your Future
- 3% of your annual compensation contributed to a 401(k) whether you participate in our plan or not
- Employer matching and profit-sharing plan
- Annual salary reviews
- Regular performance reviews that focus on your self-evaluation and goal-setting
- Education and CPA license reimbursement
- Regular technical training; CPA license hours
- Referral commission for new business
- Referral commission for experienced professional hire referrals
- In addition to the above, LvHJ offers . . .
- Relocation and Signing bonuses
- Competitive salaries
To apply for this position, please email the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org*
- Cover Letter
* LvHJ will consider qualified applicants for our tax jobs, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.
** Due to the COVID-19 virus, caused by SARS-CoV2, LvHJ requires all staff to be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment (i.e. at least two weeks after last dose for COVID-19, and if hired, provide proof of vaccination or self-attestation of vaccination status). We will attempt to provide reasonable accommodations for qualified religious and medical reasons, as designated under Title VII and the ADA.