James Kraft, CPA has nearly 40 years of experience in public accounting. He specializes in not-for-profit, tax-exempt organizations, with an emphasis on affordable housing and social service agencies. Jim offers a wealth of knowledge in both public and private accounting, business development and ownership. He performed peer reviews for the American Institute of CPAs, a national quality control assurance program for CPA firms, for more than seven years.
Jim is an instruction leader for educational workshops, including “Lunch-n-Learns” and various roundtables for tax-exempt organizations, primarily connected to the affordable housing industry. He also develops and facilitates training programs for LvHJ staff, clients and business partners. Jim leverages his strengths for strategic planning and relationship building to support the firm’s marketing and business development efforts. His knowledge, sincerity and willingness to go the extra mile garner respect among clients and staff.
- A quick response to clients’ questions
- Creative problem solving for clients’ unique needs
- His ability to organize and create clarity in processes
- In-depth understanding of each client organization and issues
- American Institute of CPAs (Member)
- California Society of CPAs (Member)
- East Bay Housing Organizations (Member; Consultant)
- DSI Homeowner Association (Board Member)
Jim is known as an avid golfer and a fine wine collector. In his spare time, Jim enjoys traveling and spending time with his family in the sunny Palm Springs area.