S. Scott Seamands, CPA has over 35 years of experience in public accounting. His core focus is audits of not-for-profit organizations and affordable housing entities. His other areas of expertise include real estate development and management, construction contractors, retail, manufacturing and professional services. Scott has performed dozens of peer reviews of other CPA firms nationwide on behalf of the American Institute of CPAs and the California Society of CPAs. He is also an expert witness in the area of construction accounting.
Scott is recognized for his leadership in various professional associations and frequently speaks and trains CFOs and accounting staff at affordable housing industry association events and webinars. He served as the firm’s Management Committee Chair from 1994 through 2014 and as the 2012 President of the San Francisco Chapter of CalCPA. Among his clients, he is known for walking his clients through technical issues as well as being diplomatic and easy to work with.
- Understanding clients’ challenges and goals from their perspectives
- High level of integrity and ability to move projects forward
- His deep experience in a variety of industries
- Thorough audits delivered on time and on budget
- American Institute of CPAs (Member)
- California Society of CPAs (Member; Current Audit Committee Chair; Former San Francisco Chapter President; Former Management of an Accounting Practice Chair)
- StrengthMatters®/NeighborWorks America (Member; Speaker)
Born a second-generation accountant, Scott has excelled in mathematics since childhood and developed his talent for composition, piano, and guitar through his musical study during college.
- Working with nonprofits – Their complexity is your opportunity (Media Coverage: Accounting Today magazine, February 2017)
- STRENGTH MATTERS® Financial Statements Disclosures Sample Series
- New FASB Changes to Not-For-Profits Financial Statements: How Will They Impact Your Organization?