Affordable Housing & Real Estate
CPAs of choice by CFOs, Executive Directors & Audit Committees
View our blog for affordable housing topics that support your success.
- We have served Low-Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC) affordable housing owners since the inception of the program in 1986, resulting in over 4,000 audit and tax engagements to date.
- We provide audit and tax services to 400+ LIHTC partnerships, 50+ HUD financed properties in California, and over a dozen affordable housing developers annually.
- As this industry changes and new opportunities emerge, such as year-15 buyouts, acquisitions and portfolio recapitalization, LvHJ helps you employ specific strategies and decisions that will meet investor expectations and also serve community interests.
Our clients include:
- For-profit and not-for-profit developers
- Real estate general partners (Tax-exempt corporations and LLC’s)
- Limited partnerships (LIHTC and others)
- HUD properties
- Other property ownership
- Upper-tier investors and syndicators
- Property management companies
- Resident service providers
- Social service providers
- Investors and lenders (including CDFIs)
- Financial consultants
What Our Clients Say…
“…attention to detail is phenomenal.”
“…patient and flexible.”
Former CFOChinatown CDC
“…guidance on complicated transactions.”
Senior Director of FinanceTNDC
Affordable housing memberships & affiliations
In this highly regulated industry, LvHJ provides the technical sophistication and up-to-date insights gained through active membership and involvement with leading regional and national industry associations, including the following. Our partners and senior team members are frequent speakers and trainers to accounting and finance executives and other industry practitioners at regional and national conferences, workshops and webinars, and authors of the firm’s thought leadership and those published in collaboration with a national initiative.