Margaret Cruz, CPA has 14 years of experience in public accounting. She works closely with not-for-profit organizations to help them maintain funding by ensuring city and state compliance. Prior to joining LvHJ, she focused on Housing and Urban Development (HUD) mortgage bankers and private lending.
As a senior audit manager, Margaret is an intermediary between clients and the LvHJ audit team. She helps ensure that her team is efficiently completing engagements, all while building strong relationships with her clients. Margaret has a can-do attitude and depth of experience that gives her clients confidence in the ability of her and her team.
- Very organized and keeps engagements on track
- Stays abreast of updates and policy changes
- Strong ability to interpret accounting rules and their applications
- Leads her team and provides on-the-job training
- California Society of Certified Public Accountants
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
Margaret grew up in the Bay Area and attended California State University, East Bay. She has an obsession with animals and has a cat, Maggie. Margaret has a small, but very close-knit, immediate family. She enjoys the culture at LvHJ and appreciates the firm’s approach to work-life balance.
None at this time.