Transforming Compliance into Proactive Planning
Looking for a respected tax firm in Northern California? We are recognized as fair and credible representatives for complex, not-for-profit affordable housing tax services. We also help individual owners and investors with their real estate and personal tax issues. LvHJ’s deep experience in these tax services provide the planning and analysis to help you minimize tax liabilities and have peace of mind.
LvHJ offers tax planning and preparation services to individuals, corporations, partnerships, limited liability companies, and estates & trusts. We specialize in tax issues regarding IRC Section 42 (Low-Income Housing Tax Credits) and Section 45D (New Markets Tax Credits) that are unique to affordable housing & real estate clients as well as personal and operational challenges that individuals & families and closely held businesses encounter. In addition, we provide tax services and consultation to not-for-profit organizations, including the preparation of Form 990.
LvHJ works with both for-profit and not-for-profit organizations in need of help with development and implementation of employee benefit plans – 401(k) and 403(b) – by preparing Form 5500 as well as providing audits to comply with ERISA and DOL requirements.
View our blog for tax topics that support your success.
- We have served Low-Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC) affordable housing owners since the inception of the program in 1986, resulting in over 4,000 audit and tax engagements to date.
- We provide audit and tax services to 400+ LIHTC partnerships, 50+ HUD financed properties in California, and over a dozen affordable housing developers annually.
- As this industry changes and new opportunities emerge, such as year-15 buyouts, acquisitions and portfolio recapitalization, LvHJ helps you employ specific strategies and decisions that will meet investor expectations and also serve community interests.
Our clients include:
- For-profit and not-for-profit developers
- Real estate general partners (Tax-exempt corporations and LLC’s)
- Limited partnerships (LIHTC and others)
- HUD properties
- Other property ownership
- Upper-tier investors and syndicators
- Property management companies
- Resident service providers
- Social service providers
- Investors and lenders (including CDFIs)
- Financial consultants
What Our Clients Say…
“Very informative for our team.”
Deputy DirectorEcology Center
“…provide a high level of [staff] support.”
Senior Director of FinanceTNDC
“…looking out for us.”