Cathy Hwang, CPA has over 15 years of experience in public accounting. She works with various not-for-profit organizations, including large local affordable housing developers, real estate property management companies and social service providers. Her additional areas of expertise include real estate developments, manufacturing, professional services, research and development enterprises. Prior to joining LvHJ, Cathy had experience in banking, healthcare, software development and document management industries.
Cathy is a member of the firm’s Management Committee. She makes the best effort on each engagement as she believes in the positive impact she could have on her clients’ businesses now and in the future. She appreciates the fast-paced nature of the accounting business and brings her love for technology into her accounting practice by making information technology decisions and helping the firm choose tools that make their audit work highly efficient. Cathy is also a frequent trainer on accounting and auditing topics for professional staff.
- Understanding clients’ needs quickly and addressing issues early
- Developing workable audit timelines and timely delivery
- Providing comprehensive advice on complex rules and guidelines
- Offering personal attention and being reliable and approachable
- American Institute of CPAs (Member)
- California Society of CPAs (Member)
- Friends of SCRAP, Inc. (Treasurer)
- The Volunteer Center (Treasurer)
In her spare time, Cathy enjoys traveling with family and friends. She is also a loyal fan of crime stories, and passionate about adventures.