NOT-FOR-PROFITS: SUPPORTING TAX-EXEMPT ORGANIZATIONS & CAUSES
Helping not-for-profits balance the demands of their mission with practical financial and strategic considerations is vital to Lindquist, von Husen & Joyce — ever since its formation over 80 years ago. LvHJ’s core services include financial statement audits and the preparation of information returns for organizations with one or multiple entities. This includes California but also affordable housing properties and entities in other states. We also provide guidance to not-for-profit executive and financial leaders as well as many educational offerings throughout the year.
To help your organization operate efficiently and cost effectively, LvHJ takes a leadership role in national affordable housing and not-for-profit organizations, helping to develop many of the accounting and audit standards used today. In addition, partners and staff devote personal volunteer time and board participation to not-for-profit organizations that improve lives and communities.
- 200+ organizations among our clients are not-for-profits.
- We perform 100+ annual audits that are subject to the compliance and reporting requirements of Government Auditing Standards and OMB Uniform Guidance each year.
- We prepare 300+ federal and state information returns annually.
- The regional center system in California is a special focus for our team.
- We provide cost-effective and competitive rates for not-for-profit clients.
Our clients include:
- Affordable housing developers
- Property managers
- Resident service providers
- Community lenders (including CDFIs)
- Advocacy and public policy groups
- Social service providers and community support networks including:
- People with developmental disabilities (including California Regional Centers)
- Youth and teens
- Substance abuse treatment
- Health care
- Technology and research
- Private foundations
- Private K-12 schools
LvHJ is widely recognized for its technical excellence and compassion for working with not-for-profit organizations and helping people in the community. We invite you to read more about our audit and tax services.
Not-for-profit memberships & affiliations
LvHJ’s not-for-profit and affordable housing leaders provide training at conferences, workshops and webinars sponsored by our firm and industry associations, including the following. We can also deliver board training and other in-house client training as requested for your staff. You can count on LvHJ partners and managers to be accessible when you need us.