NOT-FOR-PROFITS: AN EXPERT & SUPPORTER OF TAX-EXEMPT ORGANIZATIONS & CAUSES
Helping not-for-profits balance the demands of their mission with practical financial and strategic considerations is vital to LvHJ, ever since its formation over 80 years ago. LvHJ’s core services offered are financial statement audits and the preparation of information returns. We are always looking for ways that organizations can operate efficiently and cost-effectively. In addition, many of our partners and staff devote personal time on an ongoing basis to not-for-profit organizations in our continuing effort to contribute to their mission and goals to improve lives and the communities.
- 200+ organizations among our clients are not-for-profits.
- We perform 100+ annual audits that are subject to the compliance and reporting requirements of Government Auditing Standards and OMB Uniform Guidance each year.
- We prepare 300+ federal and state information returns annually.
- We provide cost-effective and competitive rates for not-for-profit clients.
Our clients include:
- Affordable housing developers
- Property managers
- Resident service providers
- Community lenders (including CDFIs)
- Advocacy and public policy groups
- Social service providers and community support networks including:
- People with developmental disabilities (including California Regional Centers)
- Youth and teens
- Substance abuse treatment
- Health care
- Technology and research
- Private foundations
- Private K-12 schools
LvHJ is widely recognized for its technical excellence and compassion for working with not-for-profit organizations and helping people in the community. We invite you to read more about our audit and tax services specifically offered to clients in this niche.
Not-for-profit memberships & affiliations
LvHJ’s industry experts provide training on new accounting issues affecting not-for-profit organizations at conferences, workshops and Webinars sponsored by our firm and industry associations, including the following. In addition, many of our partners and staff devote their personal time on an ongoing basis to not-for-profit organizations as treasurers, Board members, and volunteers throughout the year.