Rita B. Dela Cruz, CPA, CGMA has over 20 years of experience in public accounting. She works with not-for-profit organizations with an emphasis on foundations, community development financial institutions, technology and affordable housing development. Her other areas of specialization include audits of real estate developers, for-profit real estate organizations, affordable housing partnerships, property managers, social service providers and 401(k) and 403(b) audits. Prior to joining LvHJ, Rita worked for a national audit firm and held senior management positions in private industries in Manila, Philippines for 14 years.
Rita is a member of the firm’s Management Committee. She is a frequent speaker at educational workshops for tax-exempt organizations and enjoys interacting with clients and the technical audit work. Many of the organizations she works with have trusted LvHJ as their partner over the years because of her quality service and leadership. In 2012, Rita was selected as one of the 100 Most Influential Filipina American Women in the United States by The Filipina Women’s Network.
- Thorough planning and organization prior to the engagement
- Delivering the right solution for clients’ unique needs
- Exceptional skills with process and structure
- Guidance on technical accounting and auditing issues
- American Institute of CPAs (Member)
- California Society of CPAs (Member)
- BKR International (Head of Not for Profit Committee)
Rita has a passion for photography, travel and wine. She is certified in WSET Level 1 in Wine and is pursuing higher levels of certification.